Blog post #2

TIPS FOR PREVENTION!

As said in the first blog post I will be providing some tricks and tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle to be able to prevent the risk of getting meningitis.

The first step is to make sure you sleep at least 7-8 hours everyday. I know it’s difficult for some people to be able to fall asleep so I have tips fro you guys.

Firstly try putting any electronic device as far away from you as you can. Technology often takes away our attention from fulfilling our basic daily needs so this is important. And if you really can’t stay away from your electronics then use it as a way to fall asleep, like setting up the bedtime mode on your ios device. This mode will automatically lock your phone until the morning which will eventually force you to sleep. Another thing you should do is turn on some music that appeals to you and then place your phone to the side and slowly fall asleep. Another thing you could do if you can’t fall asleep to music is to fall asleep to ASMR sounds. ASMR sounds often relax your brain which can help you sleep- but not mukbang ASMR!! Listen to rainfalls, they are the most effective.

The next step is to make sure you eat properly. That means eating all 3 meals of the day at the appropriate times along with the proper value nutrition. Always have some type of protein which can be eggs, chicken, tofu etc. And also have as side of a veggie or fruit so your meal can be balanced. Having proper meals means taking care of your body!

The last step is exercising, the little things count. Like taking a 20 min stroll around your house or doing some basic aerobics on your living room floor like crunches, jumping jacks or even jogging in place. If your looking for an intense workout then I suggest trying the Chloe Ting workout that can be found on Youtube.

All these basic daily life necessities can help prevent you from being diagnosed from not only meningitis but also many other diseases.